Gravity Waive (Version 2)

Written for the workshop Hindsight 2020. Assignment: reduce Version 1 to 100 words or less.

#

The clang of a shaken spray-paint can punctuated the dawn fog.

I ducked behind a shrub and peeked. The boy aimed the can at the bridge wingwall.

I was hiding again, I realized. Just like I’d hidden my ability all these years, from my family, from everyone.

I focused on the can. It sailed into the air. With a yelp, the boy sprinted away.

“Rhea Revello?”

I jumped.

“Here’s my card.” The woman smiled. “We’ve been aware of your skills for some time. Join us.”

Union of Unusual Talents, it read.

Maybe it was time to come out of hiding.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exorcism (microfiction)

How to Survive a Surprise Day of Pandemic Insanity

Are Online Friends Real Friends?