Polished

I’ve never gotten around to polishing this old black leather purse.

It’s a backpack-style purse. Sturdy and practical. Cute, too. But it’s seen a few miles. It’s getting gray with age. A little leather polish would improve its looks, probably.

I never get around to polishing my fingernails, either.

They’re short-to-medium length, occasionally filed, more often chipped and ripped by the demands of daily life. On any given day, I have a thousand better things to do than paint my fingernails.

I, too, have seen a few miles, am sturdy and practical, and am getting gray with age. But everything still works, and I’ve never felt better.

You know what, forget the polish. I think I’ll let that purse just keep on trucking.




Comments

  1. This is short and snappy. Bring on the aging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! And oddly enough, I was just looking at my purse this morning and wondering where one would go to buy leather polish and then deciding it was too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Exorcism (microfiction)

How to Survive a Surprise Day of Pandemic Insanity

Are Online Friends Real Friends?